01 August 2014

I’m not talking about lots of clothes


One of my dearest inspirations…A fashion legend, Diana Vreeland was a visionary, transformed the way fashion was communicated…the first to tell a story through fashion editorial, transforming to reality her own dreams and visions. 'The eye has to travel' was probably one of the first documentaries of fashion I’ve seen, and it was so inspiring that got me into tears. Now and then I have to see it again, and I truly recommend! Her professional life started at Harper’s Bazaar, then came Vogue and finally The Metropolitan Museum of Art where she produced several fashion exhibitions from 1973 to 1987. Her contribution to the fashion history is beyond her life, she settled trends, consecrated designers and her work and her imagination and perspectives on reality changed forever the world of fashion to what we know today.

No comments: